Some people will say it is impossible to start a business with little money, some will say don’t even try it. But I am with the opinion that you can start small business with or without money.
There are many ways to startup a business that can earn you a living even when you don’t have a capital, such businesses could end up in becoming a carrier for many. It depends on your perspective and priority of who you are, what you want, what you wished or intend to be in the future and most of all what do you have?.
Imaging you are living in a community resident with working class and business elite, if you are in such environment then you have many opportunities to create a job for yourself. I am very someone is still thinking how?
What do you know?
What you know can sell you better; it can also give you a means of earning huge amount of money for a good startup. If you do understanding this then you take the necessary step to:
Conduct a research
Find out the needs of the residents in your environment, what are their domestic needs. Proffer solutions on how you intend to be of a service to them at a minimal fee. In sampling you may want to explore beyond your knowledge by being flexible to see if your client has other needs or request. Research is not a small task it may look small but when you engaged into in you must go prepared, some of your clients will want to see samples what you can do.
“Business is all about, understanding the need and areas to operate such business, this means that the environment also matters”.
Draw your plan down
By doing so you will study what needs are and also checkmate solutions. How do you intend to solve those needs efficiently and most effective such that you will earn positive value in return.
Structure your plan
- Decide the type of structure you choose to operate, looking into the type of business structures that exist, you may consider what is obtainable base on your financial capacity. It may not look big, you can even decide to start from Partnership. List of Structure for business.
- Sole Proprietorship: This is easy to form, it gives your total control on your business and the way it operates.
- Partnership: These are simplest structure for more than one person to operate. In partnership you may not be a soul owner of that business but by entering into agreement or a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with a company that you can earn percentage base on your turn over of services you supply to the company through your personal clients.
- Limited Liability Company: With this structure you have benefits in both corporation and partnership. It protects you from personal liabilities in case of liquidation or legal charhes e.g. house, cars, assets etc.
- Corporation: Sometimes called C corp it s legal entity that is detach from the owner. (let me leave this for another post on business).
Package your plan
- For proper ownership, better presentation and uniqueness you can put up a small writes ups that can provide information on your offers, having such material attract attention from your subscribers. You can employ the service of a graphic designer to give you pamphlet a better look and include your contact and executive summary.
Engaging your prospective customers
This time you make a move to meet your prospect: there are many ways to engage your customer easier and faster.
- Consider providing value, social media platforms gives the best way to reach your customers, by sharing tips on your services, such tips make you selfless, therefore it draws attention and create value.
- Stick to your publishing schedule, when make a business post on your social media apps sustain it, consistency is the key to successful social media strategy.
- Ensure originality, take advantage of opportunities to showcase originality of your products, because every potential customer can trace your errors at the long run.
- Create convincing looks, your graphic design must be compelling and appealing to your customers.
- Be very interactive, create post and polls engaged your customers, make your social media activities irresistible.
- Be responsive, ensure responding to all inquiries promptly, do not delay when customers make request for findings about your business.